Saturday, June 03, 2023

A Modest Proposal

Between them, the two married Brill Building songwriting teams of Cynthia Weil/Barry Mann & Ellie Greenwich/Jeff Barry wrote, to name just a few, the following:

Walking in the Rain
We Gotta Get Out of This Place
Doo-Wah-Diddy
Blame It On the Bossanova
Saturday Night at the Movies
Hanky Panky
You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling
(Today I Met) The Boy I'm Gonna Marry
Here You Come Again
(Dolly Parton...HEARD of her?)
Da Doo Ron Ron
Be My Baby
Baby, I Love You
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
Make Your Own Kind of Music
He's Sure the Boy I Love
Kicks
It's My Party
On Broadway
River Deep, Mountain High
Ellie Greenwich died in 2009, and Cynthia Weil died today. But their husbands are still alive, at ages 84 & 85 . So I would like to propose that Jeff Barry and Barry Mann get together - as quickly as possible, obviously - and give us one more song, just between them. And they can even call themselves (yes this joke is happening, just let it pass) Jeff Barry Mann.

LET'S DO THIS, PEOPLE!

No comments: