Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Doing What We Love & BS

The folks over at Cracked have a list of 5 People Who Literally Died Doing What They Loved.

"But Xmastime", you say in the voice of Craig “Ironhead” Heyward from those soap commercials (RIP), “didn't you call bullshit on this a dozen years ago?"

Sigh. Yes I did, faithful readers, YES I did:

I don't get it when people say "well, at least he died doing what he loves best." What? How 'bout let me finishing what I love doing so much, THEN die? If I'm banging twins on top of the Pizza Hut buffet just as they're bringing the meat lovers out, do you really think I'm gonna go "gee, if only I could die right now?" or "ohmygodIhopethisneverfuckingends!!!!"? Come the fuck on. If I hafta die, I'd want it to be right before the thing I most HATE doing, so I can get out of doing it. I think only an asshole would be happy you died while trying to do what you loved, I'd think you'd be better off with them saying "yeah, as soon as he started getting raped by those dudes in bear suits he dropped dead." People are whack.

"But Xmastime", you say in the voice of Craig “Ironhead” Heyward from those soap commercials (RIP), “didn't you call bullshit on Jerry Seinfeld for stealing your riff a few years ago?"

Sigh. Yes I did, faithful readers, YES I did!

ADMIN NOTE: there's no chance of me doing the research but I'm almost certain that this is the first time after 18 years & 30K posts I've done the ol' Ironhead Heyward bit TWICE in one post. We are living in exciting times, people!!!!

No comments: