Tuesday, June 27, 2023

The One Good Thing About the DC Metro

After living there almost 15 years I try not to be a New York City snob - you can get great pizza anywhere, and hell it's been 11 years since I moved away :( - but the one thing I WILL be a snob about is when comparing the DC Metro system, which is absolute garbage, to the relentlessly fluid machine that is the NYC subway.

EXCEPT.

I've always LOVED the carpets on DC Metro trains! "Oh but Xmastime," people tell me when I mention this, "those carpets are disgusting!" to whit I always say well what the fuck are you doing on these carpets, are you licking soup up off them? Or are you walking on them the same as you would anywhere outside no matter what, with shoes on your feet?

I feel like there's fewer & fewer train cars with these carpets left as the Metro is determined to suck out whatever last bit of soul it has remaining, so my promise to you people is that every time I come upon one (heh heh heh, still got it!) I'll let you know with a photo YOU'RE WELCOME!!

No comments: