Thursday, June 15, 2023

The Only Thing You Can Believe in These Days is Our Collective Amnesia

One weird way the press is covering Trump is they're acting as if he wasn't already president for four fucking years. He's all "this country is a cesspool of hell and if I become president I can fix it" and the press is all like "hey let's hear what this guy has to say" without once pointing out the many, many times he had a chance to do [X] and instead brought the world one step closer to its final destruction. And that's not even including his 8,000 criminal court cases he's juggling. It's incredible. I've been worried about voters forgetting how terrible Trump was in this age of everybody wanting someone *exciting!* in the White House after a few years of dependably boring Biden but I didn't think it would be the fast, or that the media would just pretend it never happened. But then as I'm typing this I guess all I can think of is, what the hell else would I expect?

No comments: