Wednesday, July 12, 2023

The Cos

The only time I saw my father laugh out loud, uncontrollably, was in that chair when I played him a tape of “Bill Cosby: Himself.” I found myself gleefully skipping around, saying “oooh, listen to this bit! Hey, listen to this one, it’s HYSTERICAL!!!” and watching him laugh like I never had seen before. Was a great moment; maybe the most “adult/peer” moment we ever had, if not the only. - XMASTIME

I know we're not supposed to mention today being Bill Cosby's birthday, but I found myself watching his classic Himself last weekend and man, back in the day I had every word and beat memorized but I hadn't watched it in about 10 years, and I can't believe it myself but it's even better than I remember. Dude could control an entire room with the raising of an eyebrow. It was a masterclass; his bit below is in the alltime comedy Pantheon of Pantheons.

Okay, back to him being the worst.

No comments: