Monday, August 28, 2023

Still The Best

A week hanging out with Rrthur (yes, ladies, THAT Rrthur!!) reminded me that there was a time when, for just a brief moment of time and shining like a comet, there was a blog with a hotter run than Xmastime; a 15-month run during the golden age of Dallas Cowboys qb Tony Romo through the (crazy) eyes of his severely disgruntled backup qb, Drew Bledsoe. Ladies & gentlemen may present to you,
TonyHomo.com: Drew Bledsoe's Blog. An excerpt:

Anyway, no practice on Tuesday's so I spent the whole day relaxing with my wife/soulmate and the kids, then I keyed Homo's car. Oh, and this afternoon I crunched the numbers, and I figured out that if I were QB last week, we woulda won 43-3. Not bad for a SECOND STRINGER.
I fully expect to be named the starter this week, especially after listening to Coach Parcells' press conference today. Coach had some pretty choice words for Homo. (For those who don't know Bill Parcells as well as I do, I've provided you with translations to what he really meant.)

What he said:"I thought there were some good things there. He did buy himself some time from time to time and made some pretty good throws, couple of clutch throws that I thought were good."

What he meant: Homo showed some signs of competancy amidst a complete cluster-fuck of horrible decisions. Like a retard flinging his own poop towards a dart board, inevitably some feces will land on bullseye. This can be chalked up to absolute randomness and great receivers.

What he said: "His game management could use a little work but for the first time out in that kind of situation, I'd say I was generally satisfied with that."

What he meant: Homo blows.

What he said: "That ability is innate in the player. He has it."

What he meant: LOL to whoever keyed Homo's car in the shape of a stick figure peeing onto the door handle.

Coach loves a good prank. I'm still 40% certain this is an elaborate late April Fools' joke to convince Homo that he's better at quarterback than me. 
Grayson from West Highlands, WVA writes:
Drew, we love you! What is your typical day like? How does *probably* a future hall-of-famer spend his waking hours?

My Response: Haha. *probably?* What's that about Grayson? You say you guys love me but not enough to know that I have 3,839 completions. 251 career TD's? Anyway, my typical day is waking up, making Homo look like a high functional autistic adult at practice, then in the afternoon just relax. This weekend I'm probably going to grill up some Burgers with some new pals. Go to Best Buy to buy some high end electronics. That kinda stuff. Thanks for writing Grayson, next time get your facts straight though.
Say goodbye to the rest of your afternoon, and you're verywelcome.

No comments: