Friday, September 08, 2023

BROOKLYN @25

[XMASTIME NOTE] I moved to Brooklyn 25 years ago this past January; throughout the year I'll be noting things, no matter how small they are in reality, that I remember & associate with those first few days/weeks/months of living in the greatest city in the world.

I can't remember if I'd already bought her album (this was the Dark Ages when you'd walk to a music store and buy music, I know, sounds fucking outrageous right), but I caught this Ani DiFranco performance on tv while waiting for Soul Asylum to come on (this was the Dark Ages when music channels would actually show people playing music, I know, sounds fucking outrageous right), and I was just knocked out by how great the song was, and anytime I even smell her name I'm back at 232 Ainslie Street with Rrthur (YES ladies, THAT Rrthur!) and Mrs. Rrthur, fresh from moving to Brooklyn USA with everything & nothing in front of me all at once.

No comments: