Thursday, September 28, 2023

We Need to Talk About Susan Lucci

Susan Lucci - nom nom nom - is in the latest episode of Welcome to Wrexham, so we're reminded of her losing at the Emmys 18 times before finally snagging one for what I'm guessing from what little I know about soap operas was for pretty much the exact same work she'd done the previous 18 times. I mean, I don't wanna shit on soap opera actors but are we really supposed to believe that every single year for 18 years one of them just blew the doors off everybody tv sets so much that they couldn't just give it to Lucci once the whole "Always a Bridesmand, Never a Bride" thing became a thing?

"Who should I vote for?"
"Vote for Susan Lucci, this is her 9th time begin nomited without winning yet."
"Yah..I really want to, but did you see Norma Connolly on General Hospital this season?"
"Who was she?"
"A nurse. Walked around the hospital, gave people bad news. Poured water into plastic pitchers."
"Wow."
"Yeah."
"Sorry, Susan Lucci."
I mean I just can't believe the difference between some actor's performance every year and hers were just TOO much to allow for giving the award to Lucci; it's soap opera land, it's not like you feel good about your chances one year and then Denzel goes out and does Training Day so you think "fuck it, I guess I hafta wait til next year." I just find that hard to believe happening in the Emmys world.

Fucking crackers, dogs.

"FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS! (Note - I am not dead quite yet, thank you)"


No comments: