Sunday, October 15, 2023

Brooklyn Memories & Connections

When I moved to New York City I had $7, which I immediately spent at White Castle. Then I spent weeks going from door to door asking for a job, with those roasted peanut carts wringing my goddam guts out block by goddam block... - XMASTIME
Searching for Bobby Fischer is playing on PlutoTV right now.🤗

It's funny how clearly some seemingly small things become big memories just because they happened during big life events; one of the things I remember most about the few months I lived with Rrthur (YES ladies, THAT Rrthur) and Mrs. Rrthur is watching this movie a coupla times and blathering away how I loved it. I'll never forget when I came home one evening after wandering around Manhattan looking for a job & Mrs. Rrthur told she had 2 bits of good news: 1) she'd taken a phone message while I was out that I'd gotten the job I'd been hoping for, and 2) Searching for Bobby Fischer was coming on later at 8pm. 🤗❤️🥲

No comments: