Sunday, October 08, 2023

Oh FFS I Really HAVE Already Thought of Everything

I was listening to yet another podcast about the newly rebooted Tim - grrrrrrrr - and they were talking that a real thing with streaming seems to be artists purposefully naming their songs the same as already-popular & iconic songs so they'd pop up on people's searches. "Interesting, most dubious and interesting," I thought.

"But Xmastime", you say in the voice of Craig “Ironhead” Heyward from those soap commercials (RIP), “didn't you already have this idea all the way back in 2008?"

Sigh. Yes I did, faithful readers, YES I did:

I still can record my "Album of Iconic Titles." I record an album, whatever the songs themselves may be, and then just make all the titles names of songs that are already ridiculously iconic and timestamped into the planet's brains. It might look like this:

1) She Loves You
2) Like a Rolling Stone
3) Blue Suede Shoes
4) Like a Virgin
5) Louie Louie
6) Paradise by the Dashboard Light
7) Born in the USA
8) Smells Like Teen Spirit
9) Stop! In the Name of Love
10) Jailhouse Rock
11) Oops! I Did It Again
12) The Star-Bangled Banner (Hendrix live at Woodstock)

You get the idea. Time for me to knock this fucker out before someone else does!!!

No comments: