Saturday, January 13, 2024

Michael & Co.

I agree 10000% with BJ Novak in this video; I had the exact same revelation about Michael Scott after a few runs through the series. Sometimes the obvious choice is the best choice and that's all there is to it.

"But Xmastime", you say in the voice of Craig “Ironhead” Heyward from those soap commercials (RIP), “didn't you say the exact same thing about Slingin' Sammy Malone back in 2011?"

Sigh. Yes I did, faithful readers, YES I did:

Sometimes I worry that as great as Cheers was, I always kinda dismissed Sam, thinking of Coach/Norm/Cliff/Carla as the funny ones and Sam as the anchor around which they revolved.  The Jerry to their George/Elaine/Kramer, if you will. But in watching reruns lately, I notice Sam has just as many great one-liners as any of them, so maybe I took him for granted, which makes me sad.

No comments: