Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Doolittle

The Pixies immortal album Doolittle was released 35 years ago today.

"But Xmastime", you say in the voice of Craig “Ironhead” Heyward from those soap commercials (RIP), "doesn't this album make you think of the time you almost got picked up by a teenage black kid working at McDonald's?"

Sigh. Yes it does, faithful readers, YES it does: 

And he asks me if I know the name of a certain song so he can find it. You remember this song, a million years ago, by like Keith Sweat or someone, I can’t remember anything about it, except the chorus: (picture Xmastime singing rather sexily) “Can we talk it over in bed”?

I’m like well, I dunno, I don’t work here and before I can finish the sentence he starts singing. This quiet, soulful song. And me, being an idiot, I actually listen and after a few lines I’m like nope, sorry, no idea. I go back to flipping through tapes, kid keeps singing. And he’s getting closer and closer ...READ MORE

No comments: