Monday, April 08, 2024

Jon Stewart, Howard Stern & Cheese Boy Walk into a Blog...

I don't know why I started watching this short clip of Jon Stewart talking about his MTV show from the early 90s but I did find this interesting:

"I think the two guests on that first show were Howard Stern, a boy that ate cheese into the shape of states... (audience laughing)"

If you watch the video you can hear the audience nodding their heads when Howard's name is said, as in "oh yes of course, yes, he is important yes of course", but then they laugh at "Cheese Boy" as if scoffing "oh how ridiculous, I am so much better than Cheese Boy!" And I get the undercurrent collective sentiment that tells us when we're all supposed to chuckle/agree knowingly with each other but if someone's asking me in 1993 whether I wanna see 5 minutes of Howard Stern talking or 5 minutes of some kid chewing cheese into the shape of US States then no offense to Howard but I'm 1000% more curious about Cheese Boy, so. 🤔🤷‍♂️

No comments: