Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Movie Ideas. I Have Them.

Former NFL player Bill Fralic had an unusual provision in his first contract with the Falcons that guaranteed that the team would pay him $150,000 per year, or $450,000 in 2024 money, even after he was no longer with them and his playing career was over.

I have no idea how on Earth...”on Earth”…as opposed to wherever the hell else would I be, I suppose?…I stumbled into learning this about him and now all I wanna do is write a movie about a guy who gets the same thing written into his contract and then the second the ink dries he “retires”, having never played a down but collecting that $450k/year for the rest of his life. Whether it’s a “hilarity ensues as so & so goes through his daily life” thing, or some sort of “now that he’s getting all this money, so & so has to prove himself worthy via solving crimes or somehow making peoples’ lives better” or a "he devotes all of his time & energies into not letting the team get their money back" kind of thing I Deon’t know yet but I’ll keep you posted.

No comments: