Wednesday, April 17, 2024

One-Word Songs

I’ve always wondered if it’s odd that my 3 favorite Kinks songs are one-word titles: Arthur, Days, Strangers. This morning it occurred to me for the first time to wonder – to wonder, as opposed to somersaulting, I suppose? – what my favorite one-word titles from my favorite bands are. So of course I went the extra mile for you people & put together a little playlist of the respective songs YOU’RE WELCOME, EARF!
THE BEATLES: Rain
THE RAMONES: Babysitter
THE CLASH: Bankrobber
MARAH: Leaving (another king of the one-word titles! 🤗)
SOUL ASYLUM: Freaks
THE REPLACEMENTS: Unsatisfied
HUSKER DU: Crystal
THE EQUALS: Diversion
DT & THE SHAKES: Masquerade
HAYDAY: Mississippi (I’m so cheeky! 😜)
PS – The Equals’ incredible Diversion wasn’t on Spotify 😡😡😡😡 so here it is on YouTube.

No comments: