Tuesday, May 07, 2024

Is Kristi Noem Hot Enough to Overcome Her Own Bullshit? ALTERNATE POST TITLE: Is Kristi Noem Finding Out the Hard Way That Only Trump Can Openly Think His Followers are as Stupid as He Does?

Some interviewers are being “tough” on fucking idiot Kristi Noem while trying to get her to admit she lied in her book about meeting Kim Jung Un (her obsfucation in non-answering the question even as she's having the book re-printed without the story has turned into a daily work of art) but none of them point out the fact that this isn't some anecdote with sloppy editing in which a name or date is wrong; Noem makes a point of going out her way to add details that are meant to 100% specifically appeal to Trump voters, and of course in total coincidence she desperately wants to be Trump’s vice president:

I remember when I met with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un. I’m sure he underestimated me, having no clue about my experience staring down little tyrants (I’d been a children’s pastor, after all).”

I mean I can’t believe we’ve already moved on from her publishing the story of blowing her dog’s brains out but then again from what I can tell there was exactly ZERO self-reflection on any Republican’s part re: what the hell kind of asshole they'd have to be in order to be appealed to in such a way, so here we are.

OH YEAH THERE'S MORE - apparently what Noem has learned from her whole "people don't like dogs being killed" debacle is to (checks notes) (checks notes again) kill another dog. Brilliant.

No comments: