Wednesday, June 05, 2024

Bummer du Jour

These screens are the way we kinda pay for 99% of stuff out & about these days, but the cashier can't see what you're tipping in real time as long as the screen is facing away; besides, they usually do a swivel-"none of my business!"-walkaway while you stare at the tip screen anyway.

So today I was pleasantly surprised to be able to unload a coupla fivers that've been rattling away in my pockets for months, but when I got change back my plan was to drop the coins into the TIP JAR and let her see me magnificently and generously drop a dollar bill in, but she turned away so quickly she definitely heard my change dropping in but as long I tried to hover over the TIP JAR long enough for her to turn back around and witness it I could not hover forever, so now she thinks I just tossed some loose change in the jar and moved on.😢

No comments: