Monday, June 24, 2024

Magical & Eternal Austin City Limits Timing

In the Fall of 1994 I somehow miraculously stumbled into all 3 of these performances re-running on PBS within a one-week period; 2 of the 3 I'd never even heard of, much less knew their music (Los Lobos I knew existed; when I was a kid for some reason I remember their How Will the Wolf Survive? being everywhere at all times, but with the exception of the La Bamba movie I'd never actually heard a note of their music) and while I was be inspired to run out (hahahaha) and buy Todd Snider's Songs for the Daily Planet, as much as I wore that album out - and still love it - it's never once occurred to me to bother with any of his other albums; meanwhile, I still have yet to bother listening to a second Los Lobos or Iris Dement song despite absolutely loving loving loving the one song by each I do know. 🤔🤷‍♂️ 

But 30 years later, I find myself rarely going too many months without dipping back into one or all of these, and it always make me feel good when I do.

Here's the 3 songs, and I look forward to enjoying them for another 30 years!



No comments: