Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Podcasts

Longtime Xmastime buddy Marley is about to go on a ong road trip and has asked for a few podcast recommendations, so of course I obliged cuz I'm cool like that.

MY STANDARD BIG HORSES YOU PEOPLE PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW
Talking Sopranos
Bobby Baccala is exactly as you’d expect him to be but Michael Impirioli is an incredibly impressive dude, he knows every single moment of every single NYC play ever. 

Nothing is Real
My favorite of the thousands of Beatles podcasts, even tho one of the guys being so anti-Paul gets grating sometimes (SPOILER ALERT: like Marley, he’s a lawyer).

The Rewatchables
These guys are so fun I’ve listened to entire episodes without having watched the movie they’re talking about.

Screw It We’re Just Gonna Talk about The Beatles
A more home-made, amateur Beatles podcast that at its best sounds like friends just talking about The Beatles

Rock Docs
Obviously takes on the flavor of whichever rock doc you love or hate

Stuff You Should Know
The research team on this should win all the awards.

Let it Roll
Maybe my all-time #1 podcast, just went on a “hiatus” :(  Do yourself a favor & start at the beginning with the late Ed Ward walking you through rock & roll history.
THE “I KNOW XMASTIME PERSONALLY” PREMIUM GENTLEMAN’S MEMBERSHIP CLUB SECTION:
Obviously, the first 3 seasons of ONLY FOOLS AND XMASTIME
MARLEY & XMASTIME ON THE OSCARS
A PODCAST I DID WITH MIKE LISK BACK IN 2011
WAKE UP NEW JERSEY - One of the funnest 2-hour stretches I’ve ever had, pretending I’m from NJ for a WAKE UP NEW JERSEY! Segment from when I was out in CA last September 😜

No comments: