Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Neighborhood Daze

And it's not just my friends I miss so much. The Golden Age of Williamsburg, everything happened while I was seeing those faces, walking by those places. - XMASTIME

I've blathered many times before about all the bars from my Williamsburg Days of Yore closing down one by one in the years since I left - not that I'm insinuating I was the one keeping them in business all that time, of course - but it's not just bars or restaurants that I miss seeing on so many random nothing days. The latest to fall is Crest Hardware, on Metropolitan Avenue between me & Bedford back in the day. It's another one of those things about being in a real, walk-able neighborhood - obviously I didn't spend a lot of time in hardware stores, but whenever I did it was at Crest, and besides that I walked by it every which way probably about 800,043 times back in my old Williamsburg Days of Yore.

No comments: