Saturday, September 07, 2024

Questions. I Have Them.

[UPDATE: The entire point of this post was based on a random video clip from 2000 of people walking around Times Square that I'd seen and meant to post below; now I see I forgot to post the video and have no idea where the hell it went, but you get the idea.]

I was living in New York City in 2000, and so I let myself get sucked in for a few seconds of believing there's a possibility of a remote possibility of a 0.000001% chance of seeing myself suddenly walk in front of the camera, never having known it was even there.

At some point, is watching tons of random video footage in the hopes of spotting either yourself or someone of personal interest going to be something people do? Followup question, is this something Artificial Intelligence going to do? You just post a photo of your face, the AI scans trillions & trillions of frames of video all across the internet, and 30 seconds later you're looking at an 6-second clip of 1988 you standing in line to get on The Grizzly at King's Dominion? Isn't that something that seems possible with AI? 🤔🤷‍♂️

No comments: