Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Jerry!

I few months ago I rolled my eyes at Jerry Seinfeld deciding to bitch & moan about "PC culture" blah blah blah; yesterday on Tom Papa's podcast he said:

Now, Seinfeld has a new perspective. “Does culture change, and are there things I used to say that I can’t say [because] everybody’s always moving [the gate]? Yeah, but that’s the biggest, easiest target,” he explained to Papa. “You can’t say certain words, whatever they are, about groups — so what? The accuracy of your observation has to be 100 times finer than that, to just be a comedian.” Ultimately, he’s “officially” taking back his previous claim that “the extreme left has done anything to inhibit the art of comedy.”
I like to shit on people when they fuck up but I also like to point out when they've done good, so good for Seinfeld in this day & age of "never admit you were wrong no matter what!! always double down on terrible ideas!!" for simply saying "hey you know what, I was wrong 🤷‍♂️"; meanwhile I'll point out that the world didn't atop spinning on its axis because someone admitted they'd said something stupid.

No comments: