Wednesday, October 16, 2024

The New Yorker du Jour

This is an incredibly succinct, silly but clever, just really fun joke. No notes!  🤗 🤣

It's so good it reminds me of a funny bit from Only Fools and Horses, which as you people know is the ultimate compliment from me, when we're first introduced to evil-as-a-snake police inspector Roy Slater:
Slater: Do you remember when we was kids, used to go over the pond to play at pirates? You were Dan Tempest – Trigger was Long John Silver. And what character did I play Del?
Del: You played the bloke what walked the plank.
Slater: Oh, yeah! The bloke that walked the plank! I was always the bloke that walked the plank, wasn’t I? I must of been in and out of that pond more times than a duck’s head. I always wanted to be Bluebeard!
Del: Well you should have said so.
Slater: I did say, but you’d never let me!
Del: I did – once!
Slater: Oh yeah I remember. That was the day Bluebeard had to walk the plank.

No comments: