Tuesday, November 04, 2025

RIP Dick

I don't dance on graves & I don't "do" Stockholm syndrome, but it's noteworthy that here we are about to hit 20 years on Xmastime, not that anybody including you gives a shit, and I'd hafta say that in the first coupla years of Xmastime, Dick Cheney was a bit of a minor, minor character always lurking in the background as I tried to pummel Bush (heh heh heh) whom I assumed would be the worst president of my lifetime.

So in honor of all this, here's a line I wrote back in 2009 that actually sums Cheney up pretty well, I think:

In looking at things like we apparently tortured some guys up to 183 times and others up to 266 times et al, I really must ask the question that is there ANYTHING with Dick Cheney's paw prints on it that 1) was right for us to do and 2) we were even good at doing?

No comments: