Moi Say Moi back in April:
I have no worries that I'll enjoy it, I know there'll be plenty of genuine laughs throughout, I feel like I know this almost for sure.
BUT.
If this thing’s a smash hit it’ll unleash an unending blizzard of movies using the Looney Toons IP, which is obviously the plan, in a way that could make the whole Goddam Marvel Movie Takeover seem quaint. The temptations are just too great for them to resist once the cash starts flowing in - how many possible scenarios are there of ABSURDLY LARGE COLLECTION OF RED-HOT CELEBRITIES HAVING THE TIME OF THEIR LIVES ON THE MOVIE SET matched up with BELOVED & ULTRA-FAMOUS CARTOON CHARACTERS THAT CAN LITERALLY DO WHATEVER THE WRITERS WANT THEM TO DO, maybe whatever a bazillion times another bazillion is, that many different scenarios?
It’ll just suck all of joy out of what COULD be a great movie franchise, but you know they’re grind it into the beyond-shitty mediocrity nobody deserves to have to watch.
I’m probably jealous, I wish I could do one of these although my one caveat would be we can’t be bringing in the whole goddam Looney Toons universe; if the thing’s about Foghorn Leghorn then it can only be about Foghorn Leghorn, none of the “oh oh 2nd act’s dragging a bit so we better bring in Bugs!” bullshit that 100% will be happening with these flicks.
Oh well. So to sum up: while it’s never occurred to me to think about a movie this way before, I hope it’s hilarious but bombs.
No comments:
Post a Comment