Saturday, July 25, 2026

Xmastime...Honorary Python?

In the FANTASTIC Monty Python documentary Monty Python: Almost the Truth (Lawyers Cut) Terry Jones talks about the difference music made in the movie, to the point that it seems 100% likely we'd never have seen the flick if he hadn't figured out how to make the music work.

THANK YOU TERRY JONES!!

"But Xmastime", you say in the voice of Craig “Ironhead” Heyward from those soap commercials (RIP), "are you capable of proving this theory yourself, therein putting you in the same company as Terry Jones who oh hold on was only a member of Monty Python?"

Sigh. Yes I am, faithful readers, YES I am:

I took a clip from the maybe-is-maybe-isn't-but-definitely-should-be mesmerizing New York Christmas 1976 - Super 8mm, which I'm grateful to have somehow stumbled into, and removed the music, therein presenting you people with two different movies: the ridiculous, and the hauntingly beautiful.

THE RIDICULOUS:


THE HAUNTINGLY BEAUTIFUL: 
 

No comments: