Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Questions About THE OFFICE. I Have Them.

Jim spent the entire run of The Office pranking Dwight & we're led to think "oh, poor Dwight" as Jim seemingly continues his undefeated run of humiliating Dwight every change he gets. But in the second episode of the entire series, here’s Jim excitedly telling us about a phone call he’s about to make with his biggest client that amounts to a full ¼ of his yearly commission:

This is my biggest sale of the year. They love me over there for some reason. I'm not really sure why but I make one call over there every year, just to renew their account, and that one call ends up being 25% of my commission for the whole year, so I buy a mini bottle of champagne, celebrate a little. And this year I'm pushing recycled paper on them for one percent more. I know. I'm getting cocky. Right?

Soon after, while Jim’s dealing with some Michael Scott bullshit, Dwight swoops in & steals the call and the commission from under Jim’s Richard Nixon-ish nose. Instead of even getting upset, Jim merely hands Dwight the aforementioned trophy. Doesn’t this put the whole “poor Dwight” thing into perspective? With one stroke Dwight took 25% of Jim’s entire yearly commission, thousands of dollars as well as a threat to Jim’s very livelihood, yet we’re always supposed to believe Jim is “winning” some war with Dwight? Would Dwight even give a shit about Jim’s stupid pranks if he knows he can just take a huge chunk of Jim’s money any time he wants? Could it be that he lets himself get pranked again & again, therein keeping Jim from suspecting another attack on his bank account/livelihood? 🤔🤷‍♂️

No comments: