Earlier on the Metro (as opposed to in the future on the Metro? Dammit Xmastime!) I noticed out of the corner of my eye a stunningly beautiful woman with olive skin in dark sunglasses & a bright white cotton button-down shirt staring at me.
I could feel myself morphing moment by moment into whatever it was I could sense she was looking for in a soulmate as she continued to stare at me while I could feel every pulse of blood pumping through my body to the rhythm of the train gunning itself down the track as fast as polished steel (Mukluks: Townes Van Zandt).
Finally the train stopped & we both stood up; this is it, I bellowed in my head, surely our both getting off at the same stop after she's been staring at me for the last 45 minutes means we're meant to be together!
And then she waved a long white stick at the floor in front of us and used it to briskly walk by me without even remotely glancing in my direction.
No comments:
Post a Comment