Sunday, October 11, 2026

Sunday Argh du Jour

When I saw the headline The One Question I Can’t Stand at Restaurants I cackled with glee that the Universe had finally caught up with my premise from 2023:
The 7 worst words you can possibly hear when sitting down at a restaurant you've never been to are “so, have you dined with us before?” and then it’s 12 minutes of trying to describe a needlessly new & complicated way of ordering food and having it brought to your table.
...and yet of course I was once again disappointed with you people, as the stupid fucking question its so incensed about instead is:
“And what’s your phone number?”
OH FFS PEOPLE this is the year 2026 Anno Dominos Pizza, THEY ALREADY HAVE YOUR FUCKING PHONE NUMBER, let it go!! Can we be at least a LITTLE more interesting, just maybe once every fucking Blue Moon already?

Argh.

No comments: