Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Monday Morning at the Movies

Mamalizza and I took Lil Bear, Short Bus and Kdawggy 2.0 to the movies today to see Wall-E. Big mistake - kiddie flicks should be about 2 things: bright colors and husky animals that talk. This had neither; twas a post-apocalyptic rust-colored world with no conversation. Hey, do I really need to be reminded of my sex life when I take kids to the movies? And we don't need the social commentary either. I don't recall anyone in Ratatouille (sliiiiiiice) speaking up "You know, maybe a rat shouldn't be in a kitchen cooking food for people." Wtf? Big colors, animals that can talk!! Preiod!!! For fuck's sake. Miraculously the fellas actually made it over an hour in before they started getting a little bonkers. I don't understand the amazing reviews - the final 20 minutes that we missed must be amazing, cause the first 85 kinda blew.

Here's Short Bus and Lil Bear joining hands for their pre-movie "Please don't let Xmas eat all of our popcorn" prayer. (Xmas 1, Power of Prayer 0)



The floor about 75 seconds after sitting down. "Shiloh was a bloodbath."



Mamalizza gives her review of the movie afterwards. Or her review of taking three kids this small to a movie theater. Surely...surely not a review of my cologne??!?!?



Mamalizza mentioned her idea that each armrest should be equipped with a butter dispenser for popcorn. Which, to me, is overkill...armrests? Hey, if I have hot butter coming out of a faucet, I'm not gonna be resting my arms, if you know what I mean. HIYOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

5 Days til GrizzaDay!!! :)

No comments: