Sunday, August 31, 2008

I Love the Williamsburg, Vol I

Because of the ridiculous hipsters that took over Williamsburg about 4 seconds after I moved here, I always spew a negative sense of my neighborhood. There's a lot of great things about my neighborhood, but I can only focus on the eye-rolling absurdness of some of it. I don't wanna be that way - I've lived here over a quarter of my life now. I won't live here forever, after I'm gone I'd like to look back and remember how really unique and special these few blocks are. Not have my memories ruined by some douchebags.

So I will try to list one thing every day about Williamsburg I DO like a lot.

Day 1: I've always like the Giglio. Italian sausages everywhere, 300lb Italian dudes going batshit, hot girls everywhere, reminds me of the first time I ever visited NYC. And you can always win a 4-foot panda. Not bad.

2 comments:

Rambler said...

so in other words, you were the first hipster.

andtheend. said...

i'm on your side xmastime. i am so damn sick of the word "hipsters." there has to be a better word. i prefer dops. (dirty-on-purpose). hat tip to retotted and godihateyourband for that.