Thursday, April 16, 2009

PLUMP!!



I was skimming Rick Reilly's A Day in the Life of Kobe article, when I saw this:
He's taken up golf. Played Pelican Hill the other day with Bobby Plump, the inspiration for the Jimmy Chitwood character in Hoosiers.

You're Kobe Bryant, and you play...GOLF with Bobby Plump? Really? You can't drag him to a court?

Meeting Bobby Plump is on my list of "Things to Do once I'm a Billionaire" list. Even tho as I found out HERE it might not actually take that much:
Ever since being introduced to Hoosier Hysteria via an huge Sports Illustrated article in 1983, the Milan Miracle has always had a special place in my heart. Obsession is too strong a word, but it's always had a hold on me. Now I find out that somewhere in indiana, every Thursday night Bobby Plump plays pick-up ball? Are you kidding me? Op, grab Lil Bear and fuel up the Nugget (grab some Hot Pockets for yourself.) We're fucking going to Indiana.

POSTSCRIPT: As much as I'd jump in front of a bus for Hoosiers, and you know this, the liberties taken when in fact the true story was even better in the first place drives me bananas. There is no better 4 minutes and 13 seconds in sports history. Period.

ps - how has no one BOUGHT ME THIS BOOK YET? WTF?

pps - obviously the title is a misnomer; you & I both know that THIS was the greatest basketball game ever.

No comments: