Thursday, January 25, 2007

Minimum Fucking Rage

Are you fucking kidding me???? The minimum wage bill got shot down?!?!??!! What the fuck - NO raise in the minimum wage for 10 FUCKING YEARS!?!??!?! How is this possible - with this new Congress, I thought this would sail through. Unreal. And fuck you, shoot me all the fucking "economic" reasons for this, twist the numbers and make me cry because then Exxon would have to fire 4 people, there's no fucking way you justify this. Pork barrel this and that blah blah blah blah; if you sit there and say that after 10 years there should be no increase, then you're a fucking douchebag. Period. If you make minimum wage, you clear about $7,000 a fucking year. That means you work 40 hours a week, pay taxes and TADA!! live BELOW the poverty line. And we expect them to shut up and be so proud of being "American." I'm fucking flummoxed.

Meanwhile, the fuckwads in Congress over the same 10 years? 8 pay raises. 8! EIGHT!!!! What congressman could possibly fucking shoot this down and sleep at night?

"New Congress."

The gap between the 2 Americas just got wider and it's making me sick. And I'm tired of crying for the middle class when it's the poor that are REALLY getting shit on. Plus, I have a suspicion that the very middle class we're supposed to cry about are the ones that handed the GOP unchecked power for the last coupla years - they've been the ones with JUST enough to lose that they can be swayed by "values" talk all while dreaming that they too can all of a sudden hit the billionaire jackpot. Unlike the poor, they have the luxury of sitting in their recliners watching Fox News and dreaming that "hey, surely if I completely sell myself out and vote for these guys based on boys kissing I'll end up a gazzillionaire like Bush/Cheney; they're regular guys just like me, my people!" So fuck them. Congratulations, you've been played like fucking bitches. All part of this fascination we now have with the uber-rich: we love to talk about "hard working, good people that make up this great country" but then steamroll over them to spring up and applaud anytime some bazzillionaire strolls onto the tv screen. We think if we bark like seals loudly enough, they'll take us into their world. Also why we obsess about Paris and Lindsay. Enough! Rich people don't need our help, everyone else does.

Of course, with this "Democratic" Congress, I thought things would change. Now I gotta fucking wonder.

And we wonder why the poor don't bother to vote. No recliners to dream in. This gap between Americas is becoming a bigger problem by the minute - I'm hoping John Edwards means what he's been saying about trying to solve the problem starting in 2008. Fucking hell. Unbelievable.

No comments: