Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Buzz Buzz Buzz (Vibrator Section)

Back when land lines were the main phones, both at home and the office, it used to drive me bonkers when someone would call and whoever picked up the phone would ask "who's calling?" Now, it's one thing if they would ask who's calling and then decide whether or not they should let that person through. Maybe the boss or whomever said "ill talk to so and so, but not this other so and so." Fine. But most of the time they ask who's calling and before the person's even done saying their name, they're patching them through. So there was no reason for even asking, you're just sending them through anyway. It's like a habit borne out of ritualistic gossipy curiosity. "Maybe THIS time it'll be Posh Spice..." Christ. It's like door buzzers here in the city. 90% of the time when I visit someone I ring the buzzer and then boom, I'm buzzed in. Nobody comes over the intercom and asks who I am, there's no cameras. Just buzz, I'm in. Why even have the buzzer if you're just gonna go "oh someone's buzzing, I'll let them in without checking who they are." Strange to me. And by "strange to me" of course I mean "I wish women would open up their snatches without finding out who's about to fuck them." Sigh. Would REALLY help out my numbers.

No comments: