Friday, August 31, 2007

Movie Review

LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE
3 outta 4 Xmas Trees

Finally saw Little Miss Sunshine. A fun flick, I enjoyed it. Not great. But really good, a fun watch. Ending's a bit tuff to not roll your eyes to re: absurdity. My Xmas senses tingle whenever I get presented with "here comes a wacky cast of characters placed in one ridiculous situation after another!" and I get a bit suspicious/turned off. Cast was pretty phenomenal though - even though his character is too over the top I enjoyed Alan Arkin. Greg Kinnear was great as the emasculated husband to Toni Collette who has just found her on the Mrs. Xmatime Probation List - those teeth! Fucking a!!! Can eat corn through a chain-link fence!! Will keep an eye on her. And Steve Carell was perfect, dead on.

But boy, that little girl, fucking hell...JUMPED outta the screen, didn't she? Incredible. All at once you root like crazy for her, you know you'd go white hot with fury if any kids picked on her and you were there. Amazing spirit to her, and perfectly natural. I think it might be the glasses, but man. Can not recall a more instantly likable character in a movie, much less one that's what, 10 years old? Awesome. Made the movie. Good for her.






"Xmastime mentioned me? ME????!!!! I've made it!! YES!!!!"

4 comments:

Angelissima said...

she didn't get nominated for an Oscar for being a dud spud.

Toni Collette is on your list? I've had you pegged all wrong, Mr. Xmastime.

I love that movie. I even bought it...and I never do that. I mean, like, you saw it...why buy it?

here. said...

agreed! ON A MOVIE NO LESS!!! hated the last dance sequence. way stoopid. otherwise nice. love kinnear only when he plays hated characters. his hogan was great.

Gina said...

maybe it's time I saw it. I never see anything anymore (whining). Wanna go to a movie sometime?

Gina said...

Or is your GF gonna kick my...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2a8NLuVwIs