Tuesday, October 09, 2007

My 2008 New York Yamkess

As brokenhearted as I am about the Yankees losing after such a wild season/awesome comeback, I cant say I'm furious like last year. Just sad. Whereas last year I was furious re: Torre's lineup machinations (A-Rod 8th, screwing over the kids that got them there), Shef playing first base and them seeming to just quit, I feel like this year we ran into a buzzsaw of great pitching and ridiculous 2-out hitting. I never thought we quit, thought we'd come back til the very end. Different feel from last year. Not better, but different.

As for all the big changes they keep referring to, who would I want to leave? I could live without Torre, maybe it's time for a new voice (or maybe not) but I don't want anyone out of this lineup; particularly now that they've found some young arms to pitch. My opening day lineup:

Johnny Damon DH
Derek Jeter SS
Bobby Abreu RF
Alex Rodriguez 3B
Hideki Matsui LF
Robinson Cano 2b
Jorge Posada C
Melky Cabrera CF
Andy Phillips 1B

with a starting 5 of Weng/Pettitte/Hughes/Kennedy/Joba.

Why would I want these wholesale changes they're talking about? We had an unbelievable rough start, some bad luck but righted the ship; with a good start next year we can sail. Would you NOT want that lineup batting for your team? Camon.

So let's not panic just to panic. Stay as young as (relatively) possible, stay healthy, and this team can't win 100 games next year?

2 comments:

Rambler said...

Uh, who's playing 3B? I know, you meant to put Alex there. Hey R2R is kind of like the Yankees of the WSBL. Every year a great squad, every year an early exit--this year's exit a little later but nonetheless.

Xmastime said...

oooooohhhh.....Brosiusian slip!!!