Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy Anniversary Baby!!!

19 years ago today, I went on my first date with my high school girlfriend/first love. What I vaguely remember:

1) She wore a purple sweater.
2) We went to the Ridge Cinema in Richmond and saw "Major League."
3) I believed we'd be in love forever.
4) On the way home, we made out like crazy at every red light.
5) I bought a Johnny Rivers tape at the mall.
6) We parked at the Hodge Podge, about a mile away from home on the way back, to make out.
7) We parked behind Sunnyside Grocery, about a hundred yards away from home on the way back, to make out.
8) I'm not sure, but I probably told her I was in love with her. Kicking off a lifetime habit of foolishly wearing my heart on my mouth.
9) The Indians won the pennant thanks to Jake Taylor's bunt.
10) Dinner? Pizza Hut. You're welcome, baby!!!

ALSO ON THIS DATE:

- Abe Lincoln died.
- The Titanic sank.
- Joey Ramone died.
- Tax day.

Christ. Shoulda known better.

No comments: