Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lil Bear a l'Ecole

When Lil Bear was a baby, I really really wanted him to recognize me, to really connect early. Even tho he was basically, like all babies only weeks old, a sack of potatoes. Albeit not as useful. So it began that whenever I'd see him, I'd wait til nobody was looking and then stick my hand under his nose, figuring maybe he'd pick up my scent and recognize it to be me, The Godfathah!! Much like one would, of course, a dog. You can imagine how effective that was.

Then as the weeks and months went on I could at least tell he recognized me; he'd light up a little when he saw me, he'd point etc etc. One time he lent me $15, so then I definitly knew he knew me ("promise me you'll use it for food!") I reveled knowing that in a room of any number of people, I was one of a few he really recognized and liked.

Recently he started using my name, which is my favorite thing in the world right now. Number one cause even though it's one syllable, he somehow turns into Buford Pusser, stretching it out into about 15 syllables "hi garaaaaaiyyyaeeegg!" And it's awesome; if I'm within 1000 yards yard I can hear it, like the Bat signal BAM! Big Bear's there!! :)

Ironically, him saying my name now also brings hard the fact re: how unsentimental kids that age are. We'll hang out for hours, and when it's time to go I'm sad to leave him, and like an ass I start thinking "boy, this is gonna be tuff on him." We'll be at the door and his mom will say "okay Lil Bear, say goodbye to Greg!" and before she's even done with the sentence he barks out "bye garaaaaaiyyyaeeegg!!" and is already sprinting off to play with his cars. Cracks me up every time. Life: a dichotomy!!

Today's Lil Bear's first day of school, check him out over at Mamalizza. Let's hope his first day goes better than mine, where a teacher walked in on me pissing and chastised me cause when I pissed then I'd drop my pants to my ankles (course I was 5, Lil Bear's 2.) Good luck Lil Bear!! Remember: it's almost never letter "E" :)

No comments: