Saturday, May 17, 2008

It's The Same Old Song (but With a Different Meaning Since They Took My Testes, Years Ago)

A little while ago I had to walk around the corner to pick something up, and I had to walk by the restaurant at the end of my block that has outdoor seating. I hate walking by here, having to walk thru tables of fucks and fuckettes eating their $39 salads while talking excitedly about trying out some "dive bar!" they've read about in TimeOut. Grrrrrr. But anyways I was wading thru these people and passed a table that had a woman sitting there sipping a small glass of wine. SMOKING hot, had all the Mrs. Xmastime criteria, and...alone. Not only alone, but had that annoyed, looking around "where is this douchebag?" look blazing fire through the air all around her. For a split second I thought to myself "if you had anything close to a sack on you you'd approach her and at least try to sweep her off her feet. This is what life ia about, those small windows of opportunity!!!"

Of course I kept walking. Five minutes later I passed by again on my way back, and the table was empty. She had left. Alone.

No guts. No glory. No up in them guts. Typical.

No comments: