Thursday, May 08, 2008

Journal Entry

November 9, 1994

I read today in the paper that one of the guys from the MC5 just died. Funny, the MC5 seems like they were so many generations ago that he would be dead from natural causes – but this guy was 44. Amazing to me. Made me think of this morning when I was walking to French class, that I’m in college: My Salad Years. It seems as if I’ve been in school so damn long, I’ve always been here. But I know that as soon as it’s over I’ll look back and wonder how it all went so fast. It's funny how years are so quick, but days are so long. Seems like just yesterday I was in Mr. Futchko’s 4th grade classroom, but an eternity since this morning.

Dr. Challender told a great story today, about how he got a medicinal discharge from the Army in 1969. Constipated while in boot camp, he was trying to take a shit and got a hernia. How awesome!! He told us he “didn’t have the guts to fight!” He calls it his “Purple Fart.” Awesome.

Walking back today I was inspired to write a modern-day Faerie Queene, with a modern man on a sprirtual journey to heaven, complete with the 7 deadly sins personified along with Faith, Hope and Chastity. Got sidetracked by Sega hockey (go Blackhawks.)

I wonder…am I an asthete or not? Hmm.

“Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you’re the Charlie Browniest”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(gasp) i was just thinking the very words ..."He's Like Charlie Brown!"

It as if he's tapped into some kind of dumping ground for the universal consciousness. Amazing.