Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Things That Make Me Go "Hmm....Gimme Some Titties"


Mikey's Hookup here on North 6th Street has always represented the stereotypical worst of Williamsburg - the whole "why are you here taking up my time when I could be pretending to listen to Yo La Tango rehearsal tapes?"snobbish style of customer service. Ugh. But, I must say, some radical shift in the Earth must've happened cause I was there the last two days and, shockingly, the workers there were extremely nice/helpful. I don't know if they collectively lost a bet, but I was very pleased (for once.)

HOWEVER.

Both days I was there for about 30 minutes, and not once did another customer come in the store. And yet there were AT LEAST 9 employees milling about the whole time (and I have no idea who was in the back.) This was the highest worker-to-customer ratio since my days as a gigilo (beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.) I was baffled at the number of people working there (and doing nothing), but hey, what the hell do I care. Then as I was leaving, I noticed a sign on the door:

HELP WANTED

What the fuck????!! MORE? Is Mikey's trying to take over the fucking planet? Which population is growing at a faster rate: people that wonder how Rumor Willis is so ugly, or Mikey's? Jesus christ.

TOMORROW'S NORTH 6TH JAUNT: I try to buy a flying squirrel.

No comments: