Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Chicago Cubs

I don't pay attention to the NL, but today for the first time I noticed that the Cubs were the best team in the league, and may very well get to the World Series for the first time in 63 years. A nice story, it being exactly 100 years since the last time the Cubs actually WON a championship. Year after year we hear Cubs' fans lamenting their misfortune a la Rex Sux Nation until 2004.

One ring in 100 years. ain't that some shit, I thought, good for them, hope they win it this year.

Then I noticed that they had also won it the year before. In 1907. So that means they had won TWICE as many championships, with only one more year added. So instead of 1 out of 100 years, it's 2 out of 101, or an average of one every 50.5 years. What the fuck, I thought. That's not so bad. Quit fucking crying!








"Losers are usually losers for a reason: they're communists."

No comments: