Monday, September 01, 2008

Let's Get a Hold of Ourselves, People

Do you think other writing utensils get miffed that markers are called "magic"? Why are they "Magic" Markers anyway? Wouldn't you think a pen would be thinking "hey guess what, when I touch paper I leave marks too. Why the fuck aren't I 'magic'? what am I, ch-

********************BREAKING BH 90210 NEWS*****************************

Dylan just told Brenda he cheated on her during the summer!!! Ooooooooh baby!
Is he gonna tell her it was Kelly?

No. Not yet. Mmmmmmm, this is gettin tasty!!!!!
******************************************************************************
opped liver over here? Wtf?"

We got dudes walking in space, we're cloning things. Maybe putting colorful ink on paper isn't so "magical", no? Let's keep things in perspective. Maybe "Your Normal, Everyday, No Big Whoop, Let's Not Get Excited, Nothing to See Here Markers"?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I call them "felt tip pens," or when referring to my particular favorite, use the trademarked "Sharpie." Have not used the other term since I was in the single digits age-wise. So I think that the "magic" that lives on is that if the under ten crowd gets them on their clothing, they "magically" get new clothes!!!