Sunday, October 12, 2008

Thanksgiving...on Saturn?

Before I had fallen in love discovered Gordon Ramsey's show Kitchen Nightmares, I'm pretty sure I had never heard the term "Michelin Star" in my life. Therefore, whenever I hear the term now my eyes light up "Gordon?!!!!" So when I stumbled upon the fact that a joint a few blocks from my house had won a Michelin Star, I went to their website to check them out. Okay, fancy joint, cruising around...oh look - they have a Thanksgiving Meal menu! How nice, I think to myself. Then I see the menu.
Butternut Squash Bisque
1⁄2 Dozen East Coast Oysters
Roasted Baby Beet Salad
Warm Artichoke Heart Salad
Pan Roasted Quail
Diver Scallop
Oxtail Ragout
Roasted Breast of Heritage Turkey
“Grandmother’s” Roasted Natural Chicken
Pan Roasted Saddle of Venison
Bacon Wrapped Monkfish
Day Boat Cod
What? Am I high? Is this even Planet Earth, much less America? Grrrr. Annoyed.

XMASTIME'S ALL-STAR THANKSGIVING DINNER
Turkey
Mashed potatoes (no stupid fancy shit in 'em, either - salt, pepper, Country Crock)
Stove Top stuffing
Frozen green peas
Homemade rolls
Green bean casserole (just for looks, with the french onions...nobody actually eats this shit, right?)
Home made apple pie
Breyers vanilla ice cream
Ice cold milk

That's it. Simple. AMERICAN!!! I mean, gotdam. Monkfish? I'm sorry; are we in Red China?

No comments: