Friday, November 28, 2008

Frustration.

The sleepy, turkey-numbed day after Thanksgiving is as good a day as any to look ahead to the home stretch to Dec. 31 and look back on how much you've let yourself down over the previous year. On one hand, I can honestly say that everything in my life is better than it was a year ago. Which is either invigorating and a bit of a thrill to realize or, as I look around, crushingly sad.

Anyways, one way in which my life is NOT better is that despite Fashion Herald's amazing and courageous best efforts, I have not lost weight this year. I first wrote about our plan HERE last January...basically, as of right now I have 4 weeks to lose 80 lbs. Hmm. My own "efforts" to lose weight have been a complete joke. Complete, udder (pun intended) failure.

But there MAY be some good news coming...apparently I'm joining a gym for Christmas (thanks Santa G!), so if that doesn't make for a change, I don't know what will. For reasons unknown to anyone who has 1) a brain or 2) seriously, a fucking brain, I remain hopelessly optimistic that it will happen. I'll lose the weight, live past the age if 45, and be miserably happy with a smoking hot woman. Sigh.

In any event, let's hope my trips to the gym are more fruitful than this one ;)

No comments: