Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Beatles by the Numbers

Mukluks Tip: Kiko Jones

Someone has taken the time to rank every Beatles song from worst to best. And, remarkably, comment on each of the 186 songs. Of course I have some thoughts.

5 SONGS INCREDIBLY OVER-RATED ON THE LIST:
(Not that they're necessarily bad songs, but woefully misplaced...I love She's Leaving Home and I Am the Walrus, but camon.)

She's Leaving Home (3)
I Am the Walrus (2)
Within You Without You (27)
You Won't See Me (28)
I Don't Want to Spoil the Party (22) (better than She Loves You???!???! wtf???!?!)

5 SONGS INCREDIBLY UNDER-RATED ON THE LIST:
(All of these are slices, yet the highest ranked is only 160? Wtf??!?!)

Don't Pass Me By (169)
I'll Cry Instead (161)
Doctor Robert (168)
The Word (166)
Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey (160)

And of course the biggest "Are you fucking kidding me??!" one is I Wanna Hold Your Hand being...#114. 114!!!! Are you fucking kidding me?!?!?!!?!? It's hard to take a list seriously when they have IWHYH at 114. For fuck's sake. It made MY #6 all-time slice by ANYone on this list here.

Topped, of course, by a certain scrappy squad from Brooklyn :)



I Wanna Hold Your Hand - Hayday

No comments: