Thursday, January 15, 2009

Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now

Thirteen years ago today I showed up for my first day at a brand new job - got outta my car, walked up to the door...locked. Oh well, I thought, it's 7:45am, I'm early. Then 8:00 came and went, then 8:15. At this point I'm annoyed, where the fuck are these motherscratchers? The it hit me...ooooooooh yeah, it's MLK's birthday! My boss must've not realized it the previous week, obviously he MEANT I'd start on Tuesday, them being closed on Monday.

As I was about to get back into my car to go home for the day, BEEP! BEEP! my boss came rolling into the parking lot. Of COURSE we were open - I was in Mississippi! hahahahaha

The race is coming down to the wire - who will have accomplished more by 39, me or MLK? Will be an interesting finish!

ps - i dont mean this as a reflection of my boss, who was a great guy. twas the town/state.

No comments: