Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cashmere Jungle Lords

After being a fan of his band for almost 25 years, earlier today I met Dominic Carpin of the Cashmere Jungle Lords. Their album Oodjie-Boodjie-Night-Night is wall-to-wall AWESOME album - not only a collection of super tracks, but one of the albums that came from a time of youth in which my musical discovery can only be described as magical.

One memory in particular is trying to go see them play in Richmond, but I was too young to get in. So while my friends and I stood out on the sidewalk at what happened to be in front of a Hardees, a voice came over the drive-thru loudspeaker asking if I could please stop fidgeting with my nuts. Sigh. Boy, some things never change, do they?

BUY SOME CASHMERE JUNGLE LORDS! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seeing them at Southside Plaza Bowl this Friday. And of course, Dom lives down the street so I saw him for St. Patricks Day. So close to true celebrities. . .