Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cry Baby Cry

I'm finding Republican crybabies like Judd Gregg mildly amusing in their temper tantrums whenever a vote does not go their way - they throw down their sippy cups and claim that the majority is "strong-arming" the minority:
"That would be the Chicago approach to governing: Strong-arm it through," said Sen. Judd Gregg (R-N.H.), who briefly considered joining the Obama administration as commerce secretary. "You're talking about the exact opposite of bipartisan. You're talking about running over the minority, putting them in cement and throwing them in the Chicago River."

In theory, things like this are fairly simple: 100 men in a room are asked to vote on an issue. If more vote one way than do another, then that group wins. It's not very complicated. And if there are more members of one particular political party than another political party in attendance, then that group will probably win more than lose. I mean, wasn't that how Judd Gregg became a Senator in the first place? I'm having the Filipino woman chained under my bed Xmastime interns do the research on this, but I'm almost 100% certain that after he was elected Gregg didn't accuse the people who voted for him that they were strong-arming those that didn't. I'd bet my Hello Kitty! blow-up fuck cat on it.

No comments: