Friday, March 27, 2009

White & Lazy

Brazil's president is blaming white people for the global financial crisis. Which is prolly tuff to argue, since 1) it seems like white people have been running things global-economy wise, so who else would you blame, and 2) as I wrote HERE, there may be an undeserved sense of entitlement which has led to softness/wild errors in judgement. As I wrote in that post, Brothatime! had had it with white people long before President da Silva has:
My brother just finished building his house, and by the end he pretty much stopped dealing with white American builders. A lot of these jobs were passed down to them; they'd breeze in around noon, poke around for about 1/2 an hour, then say oh, I forgot a tool, I'll come back tomorrow and then breeze back in three days later. So he got a Mexican crew and they bust their humps all day, every day. And it's not the money - my brother is happy to pay what he would anyone else as long as they're actually, you know, working. He claims that in 20 years the Mexicans will have taken over, and will deserve it. After all, as discussed in a post below, they've already taken over my armpits.


Ps - I believe the armpits line was a remark on my pits smelling like Taco Bell. If memory serves. Hey, who's hungry?!?!?!

No comments: